There are many recipes for tabouleh. Experiment and create your own version! Prepare the tabouleh a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator so that the flavors can absorb well. As chef (Robert) Kranenborg always says: "Flavosizers have to marry each other."
For 4 persons
30 minutes + 10 minutes rest
200 g bulgur (medium size grain)
½ pomegranate, take out the seeds and remove the white membranes
1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves washed, dried and chopped
½ bunch of fresh mint, leaves washed, dried and chopped
3 tomatoes, seeded, cut into small cubes
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 bunch of spring onions, chop in small rings
1 cucumber, in small cubes
grated zest and the juice of 1 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 tbsp lemon oil
1. Put the bulgur in a small bowl and add enough boiling water to cover the bulgur. Let it soak for 10 minutes.
2. Use the half of a pomegranate and take out the seeds (without the white membranes).
3. Mix the bulgur with the pomegranate seeds, parsley, mint, tomato, red onion, spring onion, cucumber and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir the tabbouleh well so that all the flavors are mixed. Sprinkle with the lemon juice and lemon oil just before serving.
- Make the tabouleh a day in advance, so that the flavors can absorb well.