Do you want to surprise your vegetarian friends? Then this kebab is definitely a MUST! The Parmesan cheese ensures the savory taste and the binding of the dish.
For 4 persons
20 minutes + 8 minutes oven time
30 minutes + 10 minutes rest time + 10 minutes baking time
50 g pine nuts
50 g unsalted cashew nuts
50 ml of olive oil
250 g mushrooms, cleaned and cut in four
250 g mixed mushrooms (depending on season), cleaned and cut into pieces
2 red onions, cut in small cubes
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper according to taste
50 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
150 g breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven at 180 ° C / 356 dF. Roast the pine nuts and cashew nuts on an oven tray for about 8 minutes until golden brown and let them cool.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry all the mushrooms on high heat for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Add the red onion and garlic and fry for another 2 minutes. Add a bit of salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Take out the mushroom mix into a strainer, squeeze all the moisture out and let it drain and cool in the strainer. Put the cooled mushroom mix with the pine nuts and cashew nuts in a food processor and grind them finely. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in the eggs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Pour in just enough breadcrumbs until the mixture no longer looks moist. Let the mixture stand for at least 5 minutes, so that the breadcrumbs can absorb the moisture. If the mixture is still too wet, you can add some extra breadcrumbs.
5. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and wrap each portion around a skewer. Heat a frying pan over low heat, pour a dash of olive oil in it and fry the vegetarian kebabs alternately for about 5 minutes until golden brown.